Benefits of listening to live band musicSimon Jones
When you hear music with a rhythm you like, does it make any atmosphere seem more fun? When you’re sad, does listening to music make you feel better?
There’s no doubt music can affect mood. But since mind and body are so intertwined, it’s no surprise music can affect our physical health too. In this article, we relate some of the health benefits of listening to music.
- Stress relief: Listening to your favourite songs makes you happy, happiness decreases stress and anxiety, leading to a healthier state of mind and body.
- Motivation and inspiration: Music at a fast rhythm increases energy levels, kindling action.
- Insomnia relief: Some sleep disorders are the result of an abnormal heart rate. Choose the right music and you can soothe your mind, stabilise your body and sleep better.
- Circulation improvement: When we hear music we like, our bodies release endorphins, which in turn increase energy level and thereby stimulating the circulatory system.
- Increased focus and concentration: Certain types of music including slower classical compositions, as well as sounds like flowing water and falling rain, help us relax. When your mind is relaxed, you work better.
These are only a few of the benefits of listening to music. Cue up your favourite tunes and you can experience the many other positive effects on body and mind of a favourite song.
Now that you know some of the benefits of listening to music, you may be wondering how to put your newfound knowledge to the test. We recommend heading straight to Dee Lounge and Beer Garden at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit. It’s one of downtown’s best spots for music indoors and out. There’s high-energy live music band everyday evening on the beer garden stage (and don’t be shy to request a song), along with chill-out tunes every day and night at our stylish indoor lounge.